Mesh Wireless Video Camera
Motorola's mesh and Wi-Fi enabled wireless security camera video system is a robust, low-cost, easy-to-deploy, wireless solution for fixed and mobile video. Integrating Motorola's Mobility Enabled Access (MEA) technology or Wi-Fi directly into Sony's IPELA® camera has created a solution that is smaller and more cost-effective than conventional wireless video systems. Utilizing either licensed 4.9 GHz or unlicensed 2.4 GHz frequencies, the Mesh Wireless Video Camera system can be part of a larger Mesh Wide Area Network (MWAN), or act as a standalone video solution. Users can wirelessly access high-quality video feeds – even while traveling at highway speeds.
Self-Forming Wireless Video Network
Motorola's intelligent MEA technology turns mesh camera nodes and clients into router/repeaters that form a seamless, wireless network automatically. This network can be deployed independently, or as part of a wider mesh network using additional mesh devices to create a wireless security camera network.
Video and other broadband data can "hop" through every device in a network, even to and from vehicles traveling at highway speeds. The video network actually becomes more robust as additional cameras and other MEA devices are added.
Support for 4.9 GHz MEA, 2.4 GHz MEA and 802.11 B/G Operation
A mesh camera network can be configured to utilize either licensed 4.9 GHz, or unlicensed 2.4 GHz frequencies. Motorola offers a wireless modem card for 2.4 GHz and 4.9 GHz frequencies, which is inserted directly into Sony's IPELA® camera to create a mesh camera node. The camera comes preloaded with drivers for both frequencies and will automatically join the network when turned on. Built-in 802.11 b/g provides Wi-Fi connectivity to the 4300 series of the MWAN portfolio.
Cost-Effective, Scalable and Easy to Deploy
Within each node, the routing and access functions are managed by an internal wireless modem card, eliminating the need for externally connected network devices. This can significantly reduce costs compared to conventional wireless video systems. Mesh camera nodes provide a fast, easy way to add high quality video applications to existing Motorola mesh networks.
Public Safety and Security Benefits:
- Supports 4.9 GHz radio spectrum licensed specifically for public safety use.
- Quickly deploy as permanent or temporary video surveillance platform for schools, parks, airports, sporting events, etc. Stream live video to and from vehicles in route to, or engaged at an incident site.
Integrates seamlessly into wide area, 2.4 GHz or 4.9 GHz Mesh Wide Area Networks.
Benefits for Municipalities:
- Supports unlicensed 2.4 GHz radio spectrum for general public use (802.11b/g operates on 2.4 GHz radio spectrum).
- Highly scalable solution allows deployment of networks of any size.
- Stream live video to and from vehicles even while traveling at highway speeds.
- Provide improved system management and enhanced rider experience for public transit.
- The mesh camera wireless video system is part of Motorola's suite of fixed and mobile intelligent video solutions.
|Specifications||Mesh Wireless Video Camera Spec. Sheet